The links listed below can be used as resources for many purposes. Some are official Scout sites, some are commercial sites, and others are sites that have been put on the internet by interested Scouters from all over the world. Each link will open in a new window.
- USScouts.org: One of the ultimate sources of information about Scouting. It has info and links to other useful sites.
- The MacScouter: Another good resource about Scouting.
- Meritbadge.com: The ultimate site for information about Merit Badges. You can download the requirements as well as worksheets that will guide you through each MB.
- EagleScout.org: A good resource for future Eagle Scouts.
- Global Scoutnet Website: An informational resource about Scouts all over the world
- World Scouting Website: Another site about Scouting all over the world
- Catholic Committee on Scouting: The National Catholic Committee on Scouting
- National Scouting Museum: Visit the Scouting Museum in Kentucky
- Scouting History and Traditions: A good site for background information about the Boy Scout Organization
- P.R.A.Y.(Programs of Religious Activities with Youth): Religious resources for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and everyone else.
Local Scout Resources
- Baltimore Area Council This is the website of the Baltimore Area Council. Go here for news and events of our council.
- Broad Creek Scout Reservation: This site will give you information about our in-council Scout Reservation, Broad Creek.
Backpacking and Hiking
- Philmont: The site for one of Scouting’s ultimate destinations.
- The Backpacker.com: A good commercial site about backpacking and equipment. Contains advertisements for equipment.
- Leave No Trace: A good site for great information about Leave No Trace Camping.
- Appalachian Trail: Information about one of our favorite camping destinations.
- Appalachian Trail Thru-Hiking: If you had ever thought about hiking the full length of the Appalachian Trail, then this is the site for you. Lots of other backpacking tips as well.
- Appalachian Trail Home Page: A resource if you ever want to be a through-hiker of the more than 2000 miles of the Appalachian Trail.
- National Parks: A guide to all of the National Parks
- Orienteering: Good information from the U.S. Orienteering Federation
- How to Use a Compass: A great site to learn about maps and compass use.
- C&O Canal Towpath National Park: Information on the C&O Canal Towpath- one of our favorite destinations
- Identifying Poisonous Plants by Chad Kremp
- Surival Tips Submitted by reader Jack (thank you! very good resource!)
- Building an Outdoors First Aid Kit: A great and educational guide for packing a first aid kit to bring on your outdoor adventure.
Order of the Arrow
- Order of the Arrow: Information about the Order of the Arrow- the honor camping group for Scouts.
- Animated Knots: A really clever site that has animated directions on how to tie many knots. Go here just to look at how this is done.
- Knot Information: More information on knots than you could ever imagine.
- Shoelace Knots & More (submitted by Ms. Ward’s class)
- Dutch Oven Cooking: The site of the International Dutch Oven Society. Lots of information about Dutch Oven cooking.
- Catonsville on the Net: Information about what’s going on in Catonsville.
- Another Catonsville Site: More information about our Hometown
- Catonsville Historical Society: Find out about Catonsville history and events sponsored by the Catonsville Historical Society
- Lurman Woodland Theatre: A link to the events presented at the Lurman Amphitheater at Catonsville High School
- Mount Saint Joseph High School: Find out everything about Mount St. Joe and the events taking place at the school.
- Cub Pack 456: Our Cub Pack from St. Mark Church
- St. Mark Athletic Association: Find out where your team is in the standings!
- REI: A great source for equipment on line. There are also two REI stores in the Baltimore/Washington area.
- Campmor: A great on-line and catalog mail-order source for camping and outdoor equipment and clothing
- Eastern Mountain Sports: Another on-line camping equipment and clothing supplier
- Look for a Trail: Find a trail just about anywhere
- Weather: Want to know the local conditions anywhere? Take a look here.
- Time: Want know the exact time? Take a look here.
- Topo Maps: Find topographic maps of anyplace in the U.S.
- Flag Etiquette: Find out everything that you want to know about displaying and honoring the Stars and Stripes
- ACT/SAT Review Courses from Reviews.com