Troop 456 is sponsored (chartered) by St. Mark Roman Catholic Church in Catonsville, Maryland. The church furnishes the Troop with a meeting place and storage facilities. Members of all faiths are welcome and encouraged to participate in the activities of Troop 456. The support and promotion of the Scouting program is a resource for the Church’s ministry to young people and their families, and it is a viable and meaningful adult volunteer ministry consistent with Christian discipleship. The entire Scouting program is carried out by the Scouts, with the assistance of the Scoutmasters and under the direct supervision of the Troop Committee as prescribed by the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Largest Scout unit in Arrowhead District, Western Baltimore County
- Twice as large as the next largest Boy Scout Troop, drawing from Catonsville, Baltimore City, and Howard County
- Current Scout’s ages range from 10 to 17
- Troop 456 has produced 122 Eagle Scouts since 1961
- There are 46 men and women registered as adult leaders, (Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmasters, Committee members)
We welcome visitors and encourage you to see our Scouts in action during one of our weekly meetings. Our meetings are held Wednesday evenings at 7:15PM in the St. Mark School Father Henry Hall. If you are interested in visiting, please contact the Scoutmaster, Alex Jones or call him at 443-977-7131.